This image from
Built in 1598 it was given to a French Cistercian group called the Feuillants.
The German painter Johann Friedrich Overbeck who founded the Nazarene art movement, is interred here and off to one side is the Chapel of St Francis that was added to the ancient rotunda.
The image here is part of a panoramic showing the main altar flanked by the two side altars with 4 of the eight statues set into niches. The full panoramic image shown on the Rome tour by PanoramicEarth.com. There is a larger version of this image of S. Barnardo alle terme on Flickr.
For more articles on