In January Panoramic Earth undertook a project in the Jungfrau region of Switzerland to construct an interactive tour of the area. This was challenging for a number of reasons, not least because of the need to carry around camera equipment while skiing, the potential effects of cold on the equipment and the rapid changes in weather conditions that can occur on the mountains. This resulting tour covers most of the skiing area around Grindelwald, Lauterbrunnen, Mürren and Wengen. This includes Kleine Scheidegg, Mürren-Schilthorn and Männlichen skiing sections of the Jungfrau. There are about 70 panoramic images which give a good impression of the slopes and surrounding mountains. The North Face of the Eiger and the peak of Jungfraujoch features prominently in many of them.
Special features of this tour include:
- The starting point of the Men’s World Cup 2006 Final shot during the race on the last day.
- Views from the platform behind the Piz Gloria restaurant, situated at the top of the Schilthorn and the set for Blofeld’s lair in the 1969 James Bond film On Her Majesty`s Secret Service.
- Views covering the villages of Lauterbrunnen, Murren and Wengen.
- Spectacular views from the tops of the Männlichen, Lauberhorn and Schilthorn mountains
- Views of both the start and finish points of the infamous Inferno Race.