As you can see there is quite a bit of change – in fact the whole thing looks brand new. Here are some of the improvements we have been working on.
- We wave goodbye to the Java applet for most of the tours, and say hello to Google Maps. As Google maps continue to cover more of the earth it is now possible to link the images to this, which will result in faster load times and more flexibility.
- We will be able to differentiate the different types of locations using different pins, so you will know what you are looking at.
- Each individual location covered, be it a museum, beach, church temple or volcano (yes we have some!) will come with it’s own individual description.
- You will be able to search for different types of locations using a new search function.
- New Panoramic Earth will be open to all. Anyone will be able to submit panoramic images to the website. Anyone will be able to add comments to each of the locations.
This will be coming to a browser near you in a very short time. In the meantime please add your thoughts or express your interest in being kept up to date or involved here!